This is the home page for the Crookes-Walkley Transition group in Sheffield, UK. You might be looking for Transition Sheffield or the worldwide Transition site. You can find out more about the Transition Towns movement by reading The Transition Primer (pdf, 1MB)
We are a small and growing group who have been meeting since February 2009. Our aim is to raise awareness of Transition and the issues involved (ie, peak oil, climate change), and to do good and cheerful things in Crookes and Walkley.
We have a community garden on Hallamgate Road in Crookes, and we've had funding to build vegetable planters in tiny front yards in Walkley, in conjunction with Grow Sheffield.
We'd love to do more, so please do get in touch if you would like to help in the garden or have an idea for another project.
You can follow us on Facebook at
Making contact with us
Wednesday 18th September, 7pm - Cobden View Pub
An informal meeting in the pub to talk about what's going on at the Hallamgate community garden, and what other projects people might like to think about. Please do join us and bring friends along.
The Crookes-Walkley list
...of people and organizations that we might usefully cultivate links with. Please help by adding web addresses/contacts, details etc. If it gets too long and unwieldy please move it to its own page.
- Walkley Community Forum meet once a month in Walkley Library. Deal with Walkley Festival, planning issues etc.
- Crookes Forum
- Beanies - workers' co-op selling organic/local food produce near Walkley/Crookes
- Just Natural - suppliers of Organic fruit/veg etc, top of Crookes hill.
- Sheffield Organic Food Initiative - practical and theoretical tuition in organic horticulture.
- Hagg House Allotment Society
- Peace In The Park - Annual music festival that has moved from Ecclesall Rd / Sharrow area to the Ponderosa Park.
- Freedom Road Community Group
Other useful pages on this Wiki
Here we can link to other pages that are relevant to what we are currently doing, eg. film night planning.